Home Insurance Can Provide Coverage For Many Situations
For most Americans, their home is their largest single investment. Beyond being a dwelling place, it is also a place where lives are molded and impressions are made. Sadly, unfortunate events do not discriminate.
Homeowners Coverage may protect you in the event of:
- Damage or replacement due to fire or natural disasters
- Water Damage (pipes, leaky roofs, floods)
- Liability protection from suits due to to injury to a guest in your home
- Reimbursement for losses or repairs due to theft or vandalism
- Your loan or financial institution will require insurance coverage
Remember: Disrepair can happen in a matter of seconds. Don’t wait until it’s too late when you’ll wish you had protected yourself. Our expert agents are waiting to help you protect what matters most.
If you bundle your home insurance with other policies such as car insurance or business insurance, we can often offer you policies at discounted rates. Our agents can help you find the right home insurance policy to meet your coverage and budgetary needs.
Homeowners Insurance Covers Your Property
Homeowners insurance is designed to cover loss or damage to the structure of your home as well as to the personal property inside it.
You will want to be sure that your coverage limits are high enough to allow you to rebuild, repair, or replace your damaged property if your home is impacted by a damaging event like a fire or a hurricane.
Catastrophic Events in South Carolina
- The most common catastrophic events in S.C. are Hurricanes
- The average number of tornadoes per year in South Carolina is 27
- 1 in 15 insured homes in S.C. has a claim each year
Be aware that while home insurance covers most natural disasters, it does not cover floods. Property owners near waterways like Horlbeck Creek and Hobcaw Creek are most at risk, but when hurricanes and tropical storms cause high winds, storm surges and prolonged heavy rains, flash flooding can happen anywhere in our area.